Android Application Development Project Ideas
1) Emergency Call (inkl. Video & Audio)
- This is an application that you activate before you might get into an emergency situation (i.e. before walking alone through a tunnel). Then you have to press a button (or a finger on the screen...) and as soon as you lift the finger from that button/screen, the device will send an emergency call to a friend/the police and send the current position, sound and video to another device or to an internet portal.
2) Tool to announce arrival
- This application would be activated by a calendar entry, showing that the phone user has an appointment somewhere (i.e. meeting friends in a town 2 hours away). The application would track the phones position and register that the user is on his way to the appointment (by checking if the user is following the route of Google maps to the destination). The phone would keep a status of whether the phone owner will arrive on time or be late. As soon as the user is on his way, the people being visited can check anytime if their friend will arrive on time (communication between the devices via a webpage or IM).
3) Geo Profile (similar to Locale by Clare Bayley, Carter Jernigan, Christina Wright, Jasper Lin)
White list/ Black list certain contacts from contacting you via (phone / VoIP / IM / SMS) depending on your current location.
Set the ring tone depending on your current location and the person calling.
-Individual message for answering machine
Set an individual message for different locations.
Set the messaging status automatically, depending on your current location.
4) Display Location when calling
- This application would be started every time there is an incoming call. If another android user is calling, then the other phone could transfer the current position (or situation, like "at work" or "at home",...) to the phone being called. That way, the incoming call could be announced as "Girlfriend calling from work".
5) Handset Theft Monitoring
- This application sends the GPS-position of the device up to an internet portal. The last 2/4/6/24 hours are recorded. In case of a theft of the device, you can view where it was stolen and where the device is/was.
6) 24h tracking
- This application would track your positions constantly and save them on a well secured webpage. That way you can later go back to a specific day and find out where you were or view the pictures you took that day and follow the street where you took them. You could add text to certain time stamps or locations and keep a "log" of your life.
7) Product Wiki (similar to AndroidScan by Jeffrey Sharkey)
This application would require as input a unique identifier of a product, i.e. an EAN Number/barcode. This would be used to lookup information about the product/the producing company on a publicly available "product wiki".
The application would then run the items information through your personal filter and return relevant information to the user,i.e.
- the item is produced using child labor
- the item is produced 100% in your home country
- the item contains gene food
- the item contains nuts (which you might be allergic against)
8) Delivery announcement / authorize strangers to localize you
- This application would need to be closely linked to a web service. You would register with your postal address and link it to your account with that service. After that everyone can request, only by providing your postal address, other contact details of you (i.e. Phone number, IM user,...) or send you a message or request.
This could be used to keep your contact's contact details up to date or would be very helpful for deliveries to your home. The logistics company (i.e. DHL) could ask via your address, if someone will be at home between 11am and 1 pm. This way the routes could be optimized, you would get your shipment quicker and the logistics company saves cost.
9) Swich connection dynamically
If two users try to contact each other, the phones could check in the background (via am IM connection for example) the preferred contact channel. So when you try to call a friend, the phones could automatically switch to a SIP/VoIP Connection, if both are in reach of a WiFi network, or the IM client could pop up, because the called person is in a meeting, not able to take the phone.
Here's a list of android project ideas:
You run across old friends every day, but you usually miss them by half a mile or by a couple of minutes. Wouldn't it be nice if you would notice and could go for a coffee together? A mobile location based system could arrange everything automatically.
All users in a certain area would form a local computing cluster with android devices and exchange location-based data directly.
PDF Reading app for Android platform and creating a user interface that makes it fun to read and navigate on a small screen.
A location based system could discover that two people always take the same route at the same time and it could organize to put them together in one car.
RSS Feed Reader
We all subscribe to RSS feeds. An application can be built for reading the RSS Feeds out aloud whenever a new comes in.
Instructions like 'Take Picture And Send To Friends' should do the trick. You speak and it happens.
1. Earth Quake Monitor
2. SodoKo Game
3. Weather Monitor
4. Product Management System
5. Questionnaire Game
6. Basic English Teacher
7. Snake Game
8. Speaking Dictionary